Don’t miss a chance to get this amazing app called “Snapselect” (it costs $17.99), it’s currently FREE for a limited time on Mac AppStore. As soon as I found this app for free, I immediately downloaded it and wanted to share it with you.
What does Snapselect do?
Snapselect is an app for Mac that lets you quickly find duplicated and similar photos on your Mac from any folder/library, any external drive and any camera. You can also delete those duplicated and similar pictures or pick some from them, and share with your family and friends.
I have more than a 20GB amount of photos stored on my Mac, and there are many duplicated and similar photos there. They are obviously a waste of space so I always wanted to delete them, but didn’t feel like to look through more than thousands of photographs just to find some since it used be a very time-consuming and troublesome work until I got Snapselect.
What’s amazing about this app is that you will never have to worry about having not enough storage due to taking photos with high-speed shooting (burst mode) for the best shot by your DSLR or smartphone. Just connect your camera (or smartphone) to your Mac, and launch Snapselect, let it do its job and you can easily classify those photos in an instant. If you are a photographer, even not, this app could be very convenient for everyone who loves taking photographs. There are a few softwares that let you search duplicated photos, but Snapselect is capable of searching similar photos, that’s what makes the app outstanding and special. This is one of the best Mac app for photographers and lovers of photograph, like me.
I’m not sure how long it’ll be available for free. But at this point, this app is still free, so hurry and get the app.
How to delete duplicated photos using Snapselect
Here, I’ll follow up with a quick tutorial for using Snapselect for those who have downloaded it.
1. Once you are done with installing, open up the app. You can ignore email and click “Check the tips & Launch Snapselect” at the right bottom. You can skip the tutorial, it’s very easy so learn how to use it by actually using.
2. You will be asked to choose a folder, so pick a folder of photos or your camera, and then start session.
3. You can now see some groups of classified by duplicated and similar photos, you can select one.
4. Here, you can select your photos, and fave it by clicking ★ in a circle in bottom or click the button next to it to share with your friends. Once you selected your photos, click “Resolve Group”.
5. In “Reject”, you will see a gallery of photos (in the group) which you didn’t pin. You can quickly send them to trash by clicking “Trash All Recipes”. I only have the two pictures in this group, so I only have the picture there.
I think Snapselect is very easy to use, it didn’t take a while for me to getting used to the app. If you are looking to save more storage on your Mac by deleting duplicated and similar photos, this app could be the best option for you. I definitely recommend you download this app while it’s free, even if you don’t use it. You will not regret for sure.
Sharing is caring, right? Share this post with your friends or family through social media below. Also, for the latest updates follow us on social media.